From:
R M WAHL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2007 15:56:13 +0000
Hi All,  I work inpatient in a pediatric hospital in cold and and snowy
Minnesota (USA).  I love teaching baby led latching.   Parents are very
pleased and excited when their babies show these "advanced" skills.  Many of
the babies that I work with are premies and the baby led techniques really
activate their breast feeding skills.  Their  responces are not as vigorous
as a full term baby, but they show all the reflexes and have a nice wide
gape.

I also have been teaching the baby led latching.  I am going to teach my
third class for WIC (Women, Infants and Children).  They are quite excited
about this technique.  They like it because it is a new look at latch and
also because it would be easier to teach when doing phone couseling.

I also agree that those nursing gowns are terrible.  It does help if mothers
pull the gowns up somewhat before sitting down.  I then will tape the
openings to the gown so they are wide open.  Have a good day!  Sincerely,
Rachel Wahl RN IBCLC