Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:42:09 -0600
>Kathleen- and you told us this, *why*?  To make us all jealous?!
>
>Well, *I* just bought the new ed of "Breastfeeding for the Medical
>Profession".  I wonder when I'll have a chance to read it.  Oh, and I
>just nursed my daughter.  Maybe I'll go nurse the other.  Anyone else
>jealous yet.  :-)

Kate, I could be very jealous of your having Ruth's new book *and* your
nursing your little ones.  I'm glad that you think that we would be jealous.

I'll give you all something to be jealous about and for me to be most
pleased about.  I saw a mom on Tuesday whose baby was jaundiced.  Baby was
seeing the Ped on Wednesday for a heel stick.  I called today and baby's
bili was 17, but Ped said that since it was day 5 (peak day) it would begin
to go down. Baby went in again on Thursday and it was lower, so NO
treatment was ordered.  Just feed the baby and have her in a bright room.
She is healthy, feeding vigorously, stooling well, so all is well.

Now, how about that?!  Green with envy, aren't you?

And I remember last fall writing about the baby who was continuing to be
tested and "lighted" when his bili was 11.2, because the cut off for this
particular Ped practice was 11.

Patricia Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
mailto:[log in to unmask]