Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:09:48 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
I am quite surprised at the complete lack of concern for the comfort and needs of both mother and baby in this post.  I would suggest that the unit supervisor and possibly even risk management be notified of the blatant disregard for the rights of this family.  I realize that this may seem extreme, however, I think that this is something that needs "nipped in the bud" immediately.  The staff here ought to be more supportive of this mothers effort to maximize her baby's health and their breastfeeding beginnings.  I work in a hospital that claims to be BF friendly, but have also witnessed (as a BSN student) an RN toss a breast shield at a mother and say "Use this" without instruction or education of any sort.  I would also agree that these are the same staff who probably witnessed this mother give birth and completed her daily BUBBLE assessments, therefore her "lewdness" should not be an issue for them.  How sad.

Natasha Sears, LPN
AND Aspiring RN, LC 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2