Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 22:11:18 -0300
> The flip side of that is - if you haven't kept up at all then you don't
> deserve to pass and really shouldn't still be practicing in this field :-b
> Mothers and babies deserve better!  Opinionated Pat in SNJ

Well, opinionated Pat :-) A lot of good your post is going to do here,
where there is nobody who isn't keeping up -- by definition!
I wonder where you could go to find those people who aren't listening?
Not on Lactnet, not in libraries, not listening to the mothers who talk
to them on the phone or in person, not in schools or conferences, and
not studying at home... Not nursing their own babies, either, or at
least not watching their babies and making all those little mind-body
connections.
I know they exist, but where do they hang out? What could they possibly
be doing with their time that is more fun than what we're doing?
Jo-Anne, who feels that Lactnet is the best preparation for the exam...
you don't have to understand everything to pass, but you have to try to
understand or at least want to understand to be a good LC.