From:
Claire Bloodgood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:21:44 -0500
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:38:21 +0000, laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Hospital LCs or others:
>
>Do you use any rating criteria on your patients as to their level of
>complexity/degree of care needed? <snip> For
>example, level one might be a multipara who has bf a previous infant and
>has no identified risk factors in herself and her infant for current
lactation.

Not to change the subject, but this reminds me of a mother I helped a short
time ago.  Her nurse said she wouldn't need much help because she had
breastfed her other children.  I went in anyway, just to touch base and see
how she was doing.  Well, when I took her history, she said she had
breastfed the others for 3 months, 1 month, and 1 month respectively, and
had weaned because of sore, cracked nipples.  When we actually got down to
getting the baby latched on and transfering milk, she needed as much help
and info as a 1st time mother.

-Claire Bloodgood, IBCLC