From:
Royce Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:46:15 -0600
I recently sent an e-mail to Nestle concerning my thoughts about their
obvious neglect to follow the WHO Code.  I am a firm believer that banning
Nestle is a futile move unless they KNOW we are banning them and our reasons
for doing so.  Here is their reply!!!!!!!

Thank you for expressing your interest in the welfare of infants in the
developing world. We share your concern for the well being of babies
everywhere. In fact, our commitment to infant nutrition began in 1867, when
Henri Nestlé developed and introduced a special mixture of nutritious
natural ingredients for mothers who couldn't breastfeed their babies.
Nestlé's marketing principles and practices throughout the world comply with
the laws of every country in which it does business.

The best-known marketing guideline for infant formula is the International
Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes, developed by the World Health
Organization (WHO) in 1981. Although the United States is not a signatory to
the WHO Code, Nestlé USA abides by the aim of the Code, and our advertising
states that breastmilk is best. For information about how Nestlé complies
with the WHO Code in developing countries and countries where the Code has
been adopted, visit babymilk.nestle.com.

	What you permit, you promote

Royce Anderson
RN, IBCLC, RLC, CD (DONA) 	The Focal Point
7608 Brookside Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73132-5641
[log in to unmask] 	tel:
fax:
mobile: 	405-722-7274
405-722-7274
405-919-1917

Add me to your address book...	 Want a signature like this?