From:
Peggy Toman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 01:37:47 -0500
Judi

I would be careful changing the pump a mother uses as the difference can
decrease the amount pulled as she is use to letting down to the PnS.  She
states she has a good supply with the PnS so I would leave that alone.

The Whisper wear pump is good for some one not use to an other pump.  I
trialed it with four mothers.  Two liked, two did not.  The two who like it
were not use to a PnS the other two were PnS regular users.  The ones that
liked the pump, one had been using a mini Electric from M which was broken
and had only one vacuum-High, The other was an older mother with the late in
life baby who really liked the pump she had used other pumps with he older
kids who are teens now.

I would talk to the mother about pumping less frequently  by reducing the
pumping by one per day until she is at 4 pumps a day.  She will need to be
consistent about the amount she pumps and to be sure the volume she pumps at
each session is increased to make up for the decrease in frequency so the
total volume is the same for  a 24 hour.  I have had multiple mothers pump
exclusive for up to a year using the PnS and a MiniElectric from M.

Peggy
Breastfeeding Support Network, Inc
The Nurturing Mother's Boutique
The Original Mother's Milk Storage Bags
the 1st bag with wire attached for Mom's Milk
www.momsbags.com
TwinConnection