From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 10:52:18 -0400
Several years ago we made a 30-sec bf commercial with some outside help.
We were *strongly* advised not to have many shots of bfing, for a
surprising reason.  The text was a "rap" about bf;  we were told that
having both text and image be about breastfeeding, over and over and over,
would really "kill" it.  Sure enough.  The finished product has babies
bouncing, babies in slings, babies in hats and sunglasses, and only one or
two very brief shots of babies nursing.  Our helper was right; it was quite
enough.

And speaking of "raps", has anyone seen the Ross Labs film that has a
segment on breastfeeding and a segment on wearing seat belts?  The bf
segment is warm and fuzzy, with soft music, soft voice - a real marshmallow
approach.  The seat belt segment is whiz, bang, assertive, absolutely
emphatic, and leaves me really *wanting* to put my seat belt on.  Worth
remembering when we do our own materials!

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY  with 6" of white stuff out
there