From:
vgthorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2013 08:19:50 +1000
I thought Judy's post (below) summed up Lactnet, and the interactions and
learning that is the essence of LN, among people from many backgrounds -
cultural, national, regional, circumstantial, and more. The fact that we are
all working in this caring area, and take time to share in this forum, shows
that as individuals we have a commitment to the mothers and babies we work
with. We really care, and this makes us vulnerable sometimes. From time to
time we see mothers and babies who, for a variety of reasons, challenge us.
This may be because of the underlying challenge, a multiplicity of problems,
a rare situation, or the mother's attitude or personality. Sometimes we need
debriefing after a particularly challenging interaction. All of this is the
mix of working with breastfeeding mothers and babies. Ultimately, the rich
tapestry of all this, and the necessity to keep learning, is one of the
wonders of this field.

Virginia
in Brisbane, QLD, Aust

Judy LeVan Fram wrote;