From:
john walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 10:48:37 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: [log in to unmask] (john walker)
>Subject: MED. AND VACCINES
>
>One of the members of our staff is getting ready to go to India to do some
missionary work.  She is required to take Mefloquine before, during and 1wk.
after the trip.  She also needs a typhoid vaccine-Vivotif Berna and a
cholera vaccine which she thinks is a live vaccine.  Her baby is 9 months
old, breastfeeding and going on the trip of course.  Any info on
breastfeeding and the above?  Also, a mom called yesterday, 37 wks.gestation
and has been on Tenormin thru the pregnancy and is wondering about
breastfeeding.  I have Dr. Hale's book which doesn't make it sound so great.
I seem to remember at a conference a while ago that atenolol should not be
on the AAP list compatible with BF because of the effects.  Is this correct
?  Mom has gotten ok's from the ped and ob because its use is fine during
pregnancy.( oh brother !) Her cardiologist says no .  She can be weaned from
the med. after delivery he said but it will be over the course of the first
week.  Any info would as always be greatly appreciated.

--
Registered ICC User
check out http://www.usefulware.com/icc.html