From:
Doraine Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 08:26:36 PDT
Dear Lactnetters:

Best wishes to everyone participating in some kind of activity in
celebration of World Breastfeeding Week, beginning tomorrow!  I hope
that your energy and enthusiasm is well rewarded.  After all, we know
that breastfeeding is the best investment!

If any of you are still thinking of doing something, but have limited
time, resources, or energy, here are some 'quickie' ideas:

- Letter to the Editor of your local newspaper, focusing on the economic
impact of breastfeeding and your local work.

- Participate in the World Walk for Breastfeeding in your locality, if
available.

- Make some double-loop gold ribbons to wear; ask your co-workers to
wear them too.  If you're in private practice, give them to all the
patients you see during the week -- ask them to wear the ribbons as
well.

- Wear a different breastfeeding 'slogan' button each day of the Week.
If you have extras, share them with co-workers.

- Submit a picture of a local breastfeeding mom and baby to your local
newspaper along with some info about World Breastfeeding Week.  Who
knows, maybe they'll actually print it!

If you need more info on WBW, go to WABA's website to see the electronic
version of their 1998 Action Folder: <www.elogica.com.br/waba>

Please let me know what activities you all do!  I'd love to have a big
and juicy report to forward to WABA with all of the creativity of
Lactnetters!

--Doraine Bailey
ILCA WBW Coordinator