From:
Dina Chieffo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 12:32:17 -0400
I think I may have made a big faux pas to the list, so I guess this is a good time to introduce myself (and apologize for my accidental postings - I changed my settings and didn't realize what my new mail would look like!)

My name is Dina Chieffo. I am a fairly new LLL Leader (Dec.'98) in Milford, CT. I have been "lurking" on the list for a month or so, and have been really enjoying it! I am very interested in pursuing the LC and Doula path over the coming years, but for now am enjoying what I can accomplish as a Leader and mother of a toddler.

I am fascinated with what I've been reading about WIC and the WHO codes, and making hospitals "BF-friendly."  I would love suggestions on what I can do along these lines. (E-mail privately, of course.) Our Group gets a lot of support from our local hospital, but they are still heavily influenced by the ABM manufacturers, and our booth at the hospital's annual baby fair is usually somewhere between the 2 big name companies' booths. I'm sure any efforts I make will be as a "concerned mother" or "breastfeeding & infant health advocate," as it may be beyond the scope of my LLL abilities, but I'd really love some ideas!

Dina Chieffo
Woodbridge, CT
LLL Leader & Mother of Alessandra, almost 3yo