From:
Tammy Schilling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:59:51 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> But the underlying question is whether everybody -- society, let's say, or at
> least the society of one's fellow employees -- should cover the costs of your
> pump, or whether the family using it should cover it.    Seems to me that
> reasonable people could disagree on this.

At the same time, though, one could argue that by paying for your pump your
fellow employees would be saving themselves money in that because your bf baby is
healthier they will need less trips to the DR.  This could, theoretically, result
in lower premiums for dependant care (because almost everyone has dependants,
whether they are bf or not) and (perhaps more importantly to your coworkers)
reduce the amount of time you have to take off to care for a sick child.

Just a different perspective.

Tammy
--
personal copy designs