From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 15:53:42 +1000
I visited my GP the other day and whilst having a nice little chat she told
me that her and her partner are planning to try to have a baby very
shortly. I asked her if she was planning to breastfeed her baby. Her reply
was "Well I'd have to say yes to you wouldn't I?" (of course ;-)) Well I
proceeded to let her know of the opportunities there are for doctors in our
local area who know about breastfeeding. The 3 that I know of are very
difficult to get into see they are so busy and some of the other doctors in
the area give terrible advice. I'm planning to work on her further,
thankfully she is one of those doctors who isn't afraid to say she doesn't
know something and hasn't got her mind closed to learning.

Anyway I was thinking (as I brought in firewood last night) one of the
local doctors who does know about breasfeeding is an IBCLC. I presume that
there are quite a few doctors who are IBCLCs. There are also some males
about the place who are interested in breastfeeding ergo Drs like Rob and
Jack or scientists like Dr Tom and Peter Hartmann. Well the next logical
(?) question in my mind is: are there any blokes out there who are IBCLCs?
Does anyone know?

Karleen Gribble
Australia
   _ ---_l\