From:
Carol Chamblin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 17:44:27 EDT
I searched the archives but couldn't find anything on blessed thistle and
pregnancy.  I have a mother who's been on fenugreek and blessed thistle to
maintain a milk supply for her baby who's now pregnant again.  I looked both
up on Hale and nothing was mentioned about use during pregnancy.  Fenugreek
can cause contractions during pregnancy according to the archives, so is
contraindicated.  Can anyone tell me more about whether blessed thistle is
safe during pregnancy and give me other alternatives for this mom.  She fears
losing her milk completely if she has to stop both herbs.  She's tried to
stop their use before and her supply dropped.  Her first inkling she was
pregnant was a slight drop in supply.  Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Carol Chamblin, RN, IBCLC