From:
Judy Holtzer Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 08:52:56 -0800
Gosh, this was awful. My impressions, trying to pull away from my
natural recoil, are that these instructions seem to include both
permissive and non-permissive philosophies. Before all of you
start howling, I want to say that I still get anxious questions
from new moms to the effect "I won't spoil my baby (aged 3 days,
mind you) if I pick him up just to hold him?" At least this piece
of garbage (IMO) lets you pick up the baby until 2 months :-/
Seems to me to go against parental instincts. How can this get
any credibility? Such a sad commentary on lack of self-confidence
and reliance on somebody with a degree instead of
commonsense/instinct.
How can this pediatrician possibly document what he says? The
point raised that this was his personal opinion was an excellent
one (in *my* personal opinion!). Judy Knopf in Israel