From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 08:07:29 -0800
 CAUTION:  The cabbage gel advertised as specifically designed for bf can
be dangerous to babies if it is ingested.  Aloe vera plant or gel has been
demonstrated repeated to cause diarrhea in babies--sometimes to the point
of dehydration.

So, what's wrong with just using cabbage leaves?  It strikes me as another
product that is trying to mimic nature.  I'm sorry if the tone of this
strikes any chords, but really....

: )Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  email: [log in to unmask]   : )
: )HSR & Health Educational Consultant        voice/fax: 541 753 7340    : )
: )LLLLLLLLLLLLL**CHANGE THE WORLD, NURTURE A CHILD!**LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL : )