From:
Attie Sandink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 20:03:34 -0500
To All;
I've just been a lactnet scanner for the last half year due to busy
schedual. But now I'm about to do some research on the effect  of a tight
frenulum on breastfeeding. I think I have most of the up to date articles
from JHL and also have Alison Hazelbaker's Thesis and Assessment tool. Just
recently I saw on Pedichat some dialogue concerning this with the usual con
and pro responses. The positive pro responses were well organized and
written but I'm not sure it was to the nay sayers, very convincing.
Everyone wants more research.

Reasearh generally requires two sides to the story but I would find it very
unethical to not get a frenulum clipped that really needed it, so will
probably look at satisfaction out come. Any other suggestions?

I'm not a research type person but am getting some assistance from a very
helpful student at York university in Toronto. However before I embark on
this almost daunting project I wonder if anyone anyone has heard of any
research done after Alison developed her Assessment Tool or if anyone knows
of research in progress?

Attie Sandink RN. IBCLC. (Burlington, Ontario. but not in the disaster zone)