From:
sally myer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:47:57 -0700
Jane and all you other wise Lactation Wizards,
I just wanted to say, as a relative novice at providing breastfeeding help,
you don't know how beneficial it is to hear stories like yours that have a
good outcome.  It gives beginners (who don't have alot of experience to fall
back on)  hope that when things look really hopeless, if a Mom is willing to
persevere that she may just be able to overcome.   I find when Mom's ask "Do
you think my baby will ever learn how to do it?"   I don't know what to say.
Now  I'll feel like I can be alittle more encouraging (of course, without
making promises) with Mom's who seem to have the odds against them after
hearing that there are success stories out there.  Thank you.   Are there
any books out there that are examples of cases, suggestions that were made
and the outcomes provided (along with what the LC might have done
differently next time)?  A beginner could learn loads from that.
 Sally Myer