From:
Jim Hinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 23:28:03 -0800
Lactnet Friends,
        I seem to remember discussion some time ago regarding the relationship
between considerable post-partum swelling and the delay in full milk supply.
I have been unable to access the archives and wondered if anyone has any
references to this relationship.  What is the connection between this
swelling and suppressed lactation?   One of our OBs is asking........I just
know that we see it with some degree of frequency but do not know why it
happens.
        Thank you all for helping.

Pardee Hinson, MPH, IBCLC
Carolinas Lactation Center