From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 17:57:39 +0200
Though it seems obvious that the medical folks (whoever discharged mother
and baby and made the inadequate plan for follow-up) didn't do their job
well, I would not expect a situation like this to be turned around by phone
contact with a BF counselor.
If the pediatrician and the ward staff didn't realize something was wrong
here, we have no business making pronouncements as though the poster did
something inappropriate.  The mother was strongly advised to see an IBCLC.
When you get a phone call from someone like this, you are not supposed to
have to overturn all previous medical diagnoses.  The hospital screwed up,
it sounds like, but not the person who sent this to Lactnet.
Rachel Myr
Norway