From:
Bud & Linda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 13:51:37 -0500
Just for the record, that 'lifetime supply' of diapers only lasts until age
2!  Good like to her getting all 7 trained by then!!!

Also, I have to agree, those discharge criteria aren't exactly supportive
of what's best for the baby.  I had a premature baby myself, and although
my hospital did state THEIR criteria as 'ability to self-feed', be it
bottle or breast, just not G-tubes, they weren't as supportive as I would
have liked with the actual breastfeeding.  They DID give me a pump, almost
instantly, and were VERY supportive on that end, but when it came to
actually feeding the baby, they seemed to prefer using bottles, and in the
emotional state I was in, I let them.  I am very pleased to say that we
have since managed to establish a WONDERFUL breastfeeding experience, but
would love to see more support for premature moms in this arena.  Had this
been my first child, perhaps we wouldn't have been as successful.  An area
for improvement?

Linda Coleman, NMI, WG PA