From:
"Dr. Leeper" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:17:54 -0600
I have to admit, I am SOOOO frustrated by this topic.  I talked to 3 moms
yesterday about it. I do not understand why SO many bf babies have blood in
ther stool.

I am not aware of any research showing probiotics help babies in the midst
of acute intestinal distress?  I am only aware of one study suggesting
probiotics may help modulate the immune system of allergic babies towards
normal over time (18 months).  I tried looking at two links from the
kellymom site and they lead to nowhere.

If anyone has references for use of probiotics in infants to food
sensitivity, I would love to see them.

Thanks-

Kathy Leeper, MD, IBCLC
Medical Director, MilkWorks