From:
D&HFrancis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:17:21 -0600
Gail asked what those of us working in NICU are using when mothers can't be
in to breastfeed very often and have to get rid of the gavage tube.  We are
stuck like you are with the R......nipples (standard, no red premie
nipples).

Our occupational therapist is a genius with infant suck (both breast and
bottle) and she prefers these over some others.  Many of the moms bring in
their own Avent bottles and nipples and request we use them.  We have good
luck with going back and forth from those to the breast.  No perfect
solution here but you asked!
Have a good day.
Deanne, R.N.  IBCLC
NICU