From:
katherine in atl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:56:24 -0500
<<There is new research out there suggesting that promoting rapid weight
gain
> in babies is likely to contribute to health problems later in life>>

yup.  this discussion is interesting to me.  I have one child who is
below the 5th percentile.  started out at 6#8 (which I think is 75th
%ile) then slowly went down the chart from there.    by 1 yr she was
about 3rd percentile.

she was mildly/moderately spitty as a baby, but never uncomfortable and
no other symptoms indicated reflux.    even after getting her (and me)
off all of her allergens, her growth rate didn't change (though the dark
circles under her eyes improved as did her eczema).

She's just really thin and for her it's totally normal and healthy.
at 29 mos, she's 22.5 lbs and  was 50th %ile for height, however tall
that is.  and she just grew about another three inches b/c that's how
short all of her pants are all of a sudden.

:)
katherine in atl