From:
Evonne Davison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:38:03 -0500
I'm still waiting for the response to the list of things social workers
consider flags as to possible sex abuse cases.  Someone posted it a week or
so ago and I have seen more debate on pumps than on this important issue!  I
don't have it word for word but toward the end of the list was:  Bf for more
than 3 years, and prolonged shared sleeping.
I don't know about you but I know alot of us would be suspect!  I keep foster
kids.  If one of them mentioned  my nursing 2 3/4 y.o and where he sleeps I
could be in trouble!!  Imagine if he was removed until and investigation was
done, the legal hassel and then the emotional damage done!!
I want to know what is being done to change these guidelines-recommendations
or whatever they are.  Is our legal people on this?  What can we do as a
collective group to have an effect on this?
Evonne