From:
Effath Yasmin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2011 11:01:40 +0000
Dear Diana,

I was at GOLD, I must say your presentation was so informative and helped me learn so much.

I wonder if you heard the presentation about Vasospasm and unrelieved nipple pain and unhealing nipples by Edith Kennerman at GOLD 11. I found her approach to this made a lot of sense and she mentions about what she calls "mammary constriction Syndrome" causing this sort of pain which almost seems chronic.

I am thinking it causes no harm or cost to try out what she suggests especially when she found being so helpful with unrelieved pain.

The prorocol is before the mother begin to breastfeed her baby, the mother:

1. Does 3-way stretching of pectoral muscles by way of doorway stretches.

2. Latching with the L-Eat latch and transfer method. (You could find this on the Jack Newman Website)

3. Massage of pectorals only above the breast not the breast immediately after baby unlatches.

4. Nipples massage with olive oil immediately post feed.

I really hope this helps. Love to hear what happens.

Yasmin

MA, HSDE, CLEC, LLLL

Mumbai, India

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone