Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 08:04:26 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
Dear all:

The babies that I see that have THE MOST DIFFICULTY transitioning between different 
feeding modes are those that have digestion issues.  These are the babies that I try to keep 
from having to take bottles because they can have a much harder time transitioning back 
and forth.  So, with a baby that is fussy and has green stools, I would actually try to stay 
away from bottles if at all possible.  Sometimes these babies are put on a pump and bottle 
feed routine by pediatricians who want to know what the baby is taking.  This is always a 
nightmare scenario for me because it is much harder to get them back feeding comfortably 
at the breast.  Unless  you have an ultracentrifuge (and I most vehemently do not 
recommend this approach) how would you even know the fat content anyway?  And if you 
did know the fat content you would have to expend a lot of energy because every single 
pumping would have a different fat content.  Feed to feed, breast to breast, there is HUGE 
variation in fat content. 

Best, Susan BUrger

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2