From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 1997 13:53:36 -0700
Hi All,
Jack suggested that yeast might be the culprit.  However, this is definitely
not yeast, though I did have that thought myself.  The pain is not really
"pain" per se (and there is no nipple pain), but more of a noticing that the
bottom of the areola (where the teeth would be while covered with the
tongue) is being rubbed (not raw) by something (could only be the teeth).
This only happens when PJ is sleepy and being a bit lazy while BF.  There is
no sign of yeast.  The newest addition to our BF is PJs first 2 bottom teeth
which he is constantly "tongue-ing".
So, anyone have any ideas on how to keep a sleepy/lazy kid to keep his
bottom teeth covered all the time, not just while wide awake?  If I try tp
take him off the breast he gets mad and wants back on.  We do un-latch and
re-latch, which helps sometimes.  I just hate to have to play hardball with
a 4 mo old and let him stay mad bc he forgets to keep his tongue in the
right place.
TIA!
Jay

Jay Simpson, CLE