From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 21:01:47 -0500
Help!

Have a mom with yeast, baby with thrush, and Dr. finally decided to treat
mom.  (About time!  She's had it for 3 weeks!)  Anyway, Mom is using Monostat
on nipples, sparingly, and is wiping with wet cotton ball before feeds.  Is
this OK?  Also, she wants to use Lanolin on her areolas because they are raw
and chapping.  Is this OK?  Or would the Lanolin cause a problem with the
yeast?  She is pumping 2 feeds out of 3 to give her poor sore breasts a
break.

Question about thrush in babies.  If women go thru hell with vaginal yeast,
and our nipples and areolas hurt with thrush, doesn't it stand to reason that
a babys mouth would also be sore and uncomfortable?  I would think so.  Any
ideas?  My clients baby cries whenever she eats, whether it be at breast or
on a bottle.  Any suggestions to help the baby feed easier?

All answers and avice helpful, and appreciated!

Jay
LC2B who still has a lot to learn, and loves learning from the best!