From:
"C. Ione Sims" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 1996 23:35:10 -0800
After breastfeeding for four plus years with more than one child, I have
noticed that I really am not keen on having my breasts touched much. I
have had several women tell me that sexual touching of their breasts
became unappealing, sometimes annoying (unless they were otherewise
aroused) during breastfeeding, especially of long duration. For some,
things went back to "normal" after weaning. Others have experienced it as
a permanent change.  This and decreased sexual interest at least in the
early postpartum were recurring themes that I heard about, especially
last year when I was a student nurse-midwife.  And it is something that
is worrisome and upsetting to some women.  I am curious what experiences
others might have had along this line, and also, Kathy D., if you have
any thoughts about this based on your knowledge of other cultures.

Ione Sims, GNM, IBCLC