From:
"Melinda Hoskins, MS, RN, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 08:28:34 -0800
Cindy-

If you have the 1999 ILCA Conference Notes see Jan Riordan's bib that went
with her presentation in the break-out sessions.  There are a number of
articles listed there.  What you need to know is that there are both
articles which indicate there is an effect on breastfeeding and also that
support there being little effect.  Now the manner in which the effect is
measured is very important.

When you look at infant behavior you may be seeing the effect of other
interventions that follow or come along with the epidural rather than one
that can be traced just to the epidural itself.  Let me know if you don't
have the ILCA conference notes.  I'm studying for a major exam on Monday, so
really shouldn't let myself get side-tracked, but could post some stuff
later in the week.
Melinda Hoskins, MS, RN, IBCLC, SNM