From:
Judy Holtzer Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 1995 14:19:09 -0900
Wow! Can't believe that I disagree with Marie Davis on a point! :-D (that
was a joke, Marie, my soul-mate!) Seriously, I think that it's preferable
to have mom, not dad, be the one to start solids, exactly *because* the
baby associates mom, and not dad, with food. Many, if not all babies are
pretty confused at having a spoon with some weird-smelling stuff shoved
into their mouths suddenly after a nice feed at the familiar breast. What
do these people WANT from me?, I'm sure goes through their minds. At
least if its mom (the food-person), holding him/her in the familiar "food"
position in a familiar food-place, it will be less stange and/or
threatening. Just a thought. Judy K. in Israel, the baby's ombudsman