From:
Anne and Mike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 00:51:53 -0400
Hello to all as I return from a European trip about which of course I
prudently did not warn you for fear of mass internet inspired robberies...
Burning questions collect as I await return to Lactnet. Here's the first:
do any of you work in US hospitals where babies are readmitted if mother is
readmitted due to illness? I don't just mean if babies are Allowed in the
room. I mean, Mom and baby return as a unit.
We currently have a fully BF mom 10 days postpartum readmitted, no dad, no
way friend who is looking after baby can get in with baby. Policy (heavily
backed by RNs I must say) is that baby cannot come back in as there would
be noone to look after him and mother is sick. Of course RNs routinely look
after 5 other babies per day on the same floor but they are  staunchly
behind this one. Any suggestions on policy changes? I have powerful people
interested in changing the policy.
Anne Merewood