From:
Anne Andrianos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:12:41 -0800
Nikki and others: A mother contacted me earlier this week asking if pumping during pregnancy to save milk for the early days of breastfeeding was OK. I gave her "unfounded" information...that pumping was not advised...but part of my concern for her was the fear she had of pain related to BF. With her first baby, she had had a C-section after hours of labor, and the pains with BF were too much for her. I recommended that she get some good information and support...LLL, LC, family together before this next delivery. I was thinking that to much focus on how difficult the first delivery was collecting milk "just in case" , etc, was preparing for the worst case scenario"..better to be positive and develop  long term assistance. I will advise her of these new articles in case she wants to read them...and I will read them too. Thank you, Anne Andrianos ,