From:
"Tran, Andrea C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:00:02 -0600
From: Tran, Andrea C.
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 1:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: High Prolactin

I am working with a mom who has low supply. She is 3 ½ weeks out, slightly delayed lactogenesis and is making about 50-60 ml's every 3 hours on average. Thyroid is normal but prolactin was over 300. Normal for this stage is 100 and while I know there can be some variation, over 300 seems excessively high. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm concerned something else should be checked but I don't want to worry her if it's not warranted. I instructed her to do the level 2-3 hours after any feeding/pumping, so it wasn't a surge. Any thoughts based on experience are appreciated.

Andrea Tran RN, IBCLC
Boulder/Erie, Colorado

This electronic transmission (including any attached file) contains information from Boulder Community Hospital which may be confidential or privileged.  The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by electronic mail ([log in to unmask]).