From:
Sue Jacoby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 01:28:35 -0400
Thanks, Kathleen, for the boycott reminders.  I always try to avoid
purchasing Nestle and AHP products- I have the little card in my checkbook.
 In addition, I think it will be much more effective if we write regularly to
the companies and TELL them you are:  1.) not only NOT purchasing their
products, but 2.) telling all your acquaintances about their unethical
business practices.  A letter every three or four months, saying "I'm still
telling people- I told fifty people since the last time I wrote!" might
eventually give them pause, if enough of us do it.  (Now that we all have
computers, we can write the letter, save it, and recycle it again every few
months with a new date!)

If you have children in schools, and they put on candy sales, you can make
sure they don't use Nestle candy and educate people at the same time.  I have
heard that over the years Nestle has been affected by the boycott, but a lot
of people think it is over.    My kids know I won't usually buy anything with
Nestle on the label, but I will admit to celebrating with a batch of Nestle
Tollhouse cookies if I make a particularly successful advocacy effort- like a
published letter to the editor!  (what can I say?  They make the BEST
chocolate chips!) The address are:

Nestle S.A.
CH-1800
Vevey, Switzerland

American Health Products
70 Hilltop Road
Ramsey, NJ 07446
I've got a bunch of other addresses if anybody wants them.
An interesting note- after writing to Nestle I got on their mailing list, and
receive their public relations material, all about their fine "family" of
foods.  But the funny thing is that they never mention their infant formulas.
 Hmmm...seems like there's a black sheep in the Nestle family.

Sue Jacoby, LLLL & IBCLC