From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 06:52:30 -0500
Dear Nancy, what I've read in the public press seems to indicate that
convenience is a strong motivator, also an absurd idea about "safety" - as
in C/S are safer than vag delivery.  But I get the message that the ideas
are being planted by the OB to someone who is very vulnerable to suggestion
(ie: Pg woman).  I've been shocked by the caliber of people suggesting that
c's are safer for mother and baby, when we know they aren't really, unless
you manipulate the stats to suit your purposes.  The other thing that just
floors me is sending these post surgical new moms home in 2!!! max 3 days
with no formal help in sight.  It is becoming very barbaric to have a baby
in the US in this day and age :-(  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ