From:
Judy LeVan Fram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2013 16:02:27 -0500
Judy G writes:

Your  above statement is a misunderstanding of the provider policy, Aetna
said,  "Provider must be able to initiate a therapy within three (3) hours of
the  referral call for urgent services and within twenty-four (24) hours of
the  referral call for routine services."

I have spoken to Aetna about this  and was told that this means, it would
be best to have access to your phone  messages and return the client's call
within the 3 hour window to arrange an  appointment - this is what is meant
by "initiate therapy".

~~~
Judy,

Thanks for your clarifications. You are right, I was misinterpreting
things. The actual truth is even harder to comply with, in the sense that if I
am on a home visit that takes 2-3 hours, (which is the norm for me and most
of  my colleagues), I am often out of the apartment for 4 hour blocks of
time. So I  would not be able to commit to complying to this kind of regulation.
As we both  agreed, the era of being able to provide the kind of care that
I have always  provided, seems like it may be coming to an end. If there are
IBCLCs in my area  who want to form some kind of consortium where we share
the billing,  reimbursement, and logistical scheduling issues, we may be
able to make this  work.

Peace,
Judy

Judy LeVan  Fram, PT, IBCLC, LLLL