From:
Renate Rietveld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 06:17:31 +0200
HI Karen,

Like Catherine already said, a mother with O.I. can breastfeed she'll
probably even know best how to position herself and the baby to be most
comfortable.

Has the baby been checked for O.I. ? If the baby has it too, positioning
needs extra attention. From what I remember from the client I assisted
years ago, standing up while feeding with the baby lying down ( elevated
to chest height) at breast height worked best.

Kind regards,

Renate Rietveld, IBCLC The Netherlands.