Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 20:07:53 EDT
Lisa Marasco has asked for "ridiculous, stupid and/or dumb things said to
mothers about breastfeeding."  I have one that is all of those things.  One
of my clients went to the emergency room last winter complaining of achiness,
fever, and nausea.  The doctor found out she was breastfeeding and told her,
"You will need to stop breastfeeding because having a fever will cause your
milk to curdle."  My client, being a well-educated breastfeeding advocate,
said she was startled at her own reaction because, up to that point, she had
felt so horribly sick.  But she looked him in the eye and broke out in
hysterical laughter!  Probably the best medicine of all...
Cher Sealy, RN, BSN, IBCLC, LLLL
Montgomery, Alabama