From:
Alicia Dermer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 16:00:47 -0500
Patricia:  To my knowledge, no frozen food should be left at room
temperature; that is why thawing should occur in the refrigerator or in
warm water.  Although I can't put my hand on a reference, I do recall a
fairly recent handout on guidelines for storage of human milk which
stated that previously frozen human milk should not be kept at room
temperature.  It makes sense, since the cellular components and some of
the other anti-infective properties are gone.  Hope this helps.  Alicia.