Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2010 08:48:50 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Hi all,

My name is Jen and I'm a new CLC, hoping to be an IBCLC in the next couple years. This listserve has been a great source of information and discussion! A question for those more experienced than I:

A friend in Houston is adopting a baby who will be born in Wichita, KS. Birthmom is 32weeks gestation, baby has IUGR and today birthmom will begin receiving steroids in anticipation of an early delivery, most likely in the next week. Baby is expected to have a NICU stay for both the growth issues as well as methadone withdrawal. Although my friend will not be attempting induced lactation, she would like to explore having her baby receive donor milk from the HMBNA. I searched and closest location seems to be a milk bank that is in development in Kansas City, MO. There is no website associated, though I think it might be through St. Luke's Hospital there.

What is the process for becoming approved as a recipient of donor milk in the instance where her ? Should she broach this with the birthmom's OB or wait until baby is born and discuss with baby's neonatologist? Can her own ped in TX write her an rx even though the baby will not yet be under the ped's care?

Thanks,
Jen

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2