From:
Linda Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:14:46 -0500
No, this commercial is a huge boon to breastfeeding, placing it not only as
something normal and beautiful to see on TV but something we can joke about
as well. I was blown-away with joy. It first shows a beautiful happy mom with
a baby at her breast --- her gown is open, breasts showing, and the baby is
clearly nipple level at a bare breast. There are two bright happy pops of this,
then the purple words come on saying that 62% of women say that "having a
baby" left their hair and breasts flat --- it didn't say breastfeeding -- and it's
all a little sillyish. Then they say that Suave can leave them fuller. Then we
see the mom again with fuller hair and her breasts are still nicely perky with
baby at them. But now you look at the breasts (and this time there's a bit of
gown above baby's mouth --- maybe open nursing bra or maybe baby's not
nursing at this moment but anyway...)  and breasts do look "full" and could
have been perky because she's breastfeeding. That's what I thought.
Regardless, the next time you watch (for those who miss it the first time)
you're going to watch her breasts and notice that she's been breastfeeding
right there in front of you. Either way, there's no intonation that breastfeeding
was causing any flatness (though some may read it the way poster did). The
latest media headline about breastfeeding not causing sagging breasts leads
to info that suggests that pregancy (and smoking and other things) may
cause breasts to sag, but not breastfeeding. This commercial, on the heels of
that headline, could very well be tongue-in-cheek that the bf was giving fuller
breasts. Regardless, there they are, a bright, smiling, beautiful (frontal
mother, back of baby) breastfeeding pair popping out on your TV screen as
normal and unembarrased as could be. Thanks you Suave!!!!
linda
www.BabyReference.com