From:
Norma Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:43:27 -0400
It is wonderful to hear about companies that permit breastfeeding
babies to accompany their mothers to work. If only this was the norm!
So many mothers, especially those who work on assembly lines and other
lower-paying jobs, do not even have the opportunity to pump in a
clean, private place.

The question of whether a mother who is pumping and feeding her baby
EBM should be allowed to bring her baby to work, just like the mother
who is breastfeeding, is interesting. I am gonna stick my neck out
here - and you are all free to hate me - but I think that ALL mothers,
whether they are breastfeeding, feeding EBM or feeding formula, should
be accorded the same accommodations.

It is my contention that babies who are not breastfeeding have even
MORE need of their mother's presence. They are already at increased
risk for health problems, so surely we can at least let them enjoy the
comfort of their mother's arms?

norma, dreaming of utopia