From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:39:26 +0100
First, welcome, Nikki M.!
I can't resist.  What is it about husbands, that you have several of
everything else but only ONE of those?!  Are they large, or expensive, or
don't they do well if there are more than one?  Fighting and such?

Seriously, though, about the slow-gaining baby you posted on: I would be
inclined to suggest switching sides more frequently in order to boost
production.  Feed on one side til swallowing slows down, then switch to
other side until swallowing slows down, then back to side 1, same procedure.
Using breast compression, as Jack Newman describes, at the same time may
also increase yield.  It may be something about the latch or the well-used
breasts, that is not stimulating production as well as earlier babies did.

Jo-Anne Elder Gomes, mother of multiple multiples, where are you?  Doesn't
this case ring a bell with you?
Rachel Myr
Kristiansand, Norway