From:
Christine Pillado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 04:35:59 EDT

In a message dated 8/20/2006 1:33:47 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Cee  Miller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
This breastfeeding quiz -
http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/quizzes/l/bl_bf_quiz.htm - has the moms on my  local moms list up in arms, and I don't blame
them. If you don't score 20 out  of 20, the results suggest you don't know enough
to breastfeed successfully.

_http://pediatrics.about.com/library/bl_comments.htm_
(http://pediatrics.about.com/library/bl_comments.htm)

Here is the link to leave feedback with Dr. Iannelli, the "guide" to the
site / quiz.  At the end of taking the quiz (of which I got 18 out of 20  for the
Vit D and another question on vitamins in breastmilk) the feedback was,
"Good Job. I bet your kids are very breastfeeding very well."  as if that  were
the only factor in whether or not a child was breastfeeding well.   Grrr...
On the other hand there were many questions that were GREAT and are
obviously there to eliminate common myths or misunderstandings.  I think it  just
needs to be presented a little better (and some more research on a few
questions).  Overall, great tool to help educate the public.

Christie Pillado, IBCLC (????)
El Paso, TX