From:
bernshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 08:17:57 -0700
>Does anyone know of a book or article on how to write grant
>applications?  I realize that every funding agency has their own
>requirements, but is there a general how-to that is short, sweet and
>useful?
>Thanks,
>Catherine Watson Genna, IBCLC NYC

Catherine,

Back in the early '90s when I was in my grant writing mode, I found this
excellent book published by Jones and Bartlett, Grant Application
Writer's Handbook by Liane Reif-Lehrer. Although the information related
much on the forms necessary for NIH funding applications (which was my
goal at the time), it gave excellent advice and guidelines to write any
grant application. I would assume that the publisher has kept up with
developments in the field and may even have less NIH focused books on
the subject. You might want to check their website.

Nicole Bernshaw