From:
Ann Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 1997 17:59:13 -0500
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone on Lactnet.  After multitudes of posts that I have read I
want to share an interesting story.
This mom developed a mastitis in her 8th month of preg.  The left breast
became very red and edematous.  After tretment there were no more problems
till postpartum.  Shen is now 2 months pp and has had 2 more episodes of
mastitis on that same breast.  The last one started with a plug duct.  We
worked with the duct in the usual ways with no success.  Then I sujested she
start on lecithin and to get on hands and knees with baby on his back and
nurse him.  She called back a couple days later and said the duct was down,
 but not only did she try what I said but she also used the pump on all fours
and noted the stringy milk.  She must have had help because I can't imagin
doing this by oneself.

I still am waiting for any feed back on high arched palates.  That mom is now
pumping and giving bottles, her nipples were getting worse.

Ann Perry RN IBCLC