From:
"Helen M. Woodman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 14:48:45 EST
Listmoms, I know I should not do this and I am going to test you sorely . . .
.

a select few know that I am a choc-a-snob but it looks like a few of you need
to have your palate re-educated.

H*****y, C*****y, G****n - yuk - you are kidding yourselves if you think this
is chocolate, heaven forbid, sorry its not, all adulterated with things like
milk powder, hydrogenated vegetable oils, emulsifiers, artificially flavoured
vanilla, sugar, sugar, sugar but the most hideous crime of all is the minute
amount of cocoa solids .....  and to think that they call it chocolate and you
*think* you *are* eating chocolate!  You have been fooled!  The high or
craving is got by the sugar in these confections and not, not, not, the cocoa,
I want to bet that you feel guilty and sick after eating a bar or box?  If you
ate proper chocolate with less sugar you would not meet these nasty side
effects because you won't need to eat a lot of it.

So, have a look at the ingredients and go for something that has nothing less
than 45% cocoa solids, (I consider this low) 60% and above is what you want to
look for.  The higher the cocoa content, the less sugar and the better it
gets, it is then velvety in the mouth and glorious.  You will  find yourself
not eating v much of it and you enjoy every little tinsey bit of it without
feeling yucky at the end of it, nor guilty because it is *real* food.  So, go
out and hunt the real thing out and once you have tried you will never, ever,
other Swiss chocolate (no I don't mean the brand beginning with 'N') that is a
dark choc with 70% cocoa solids and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!  Ahhhh.

Helen in UK, whose husband gave her membership of The Chocolate Society for a
birthday present :D